- Add to Calendar09/22/2021 10:00:00 am09/22/2021 11:00:00 amAmerica/ChicagoAlma's Way Premiere PreviewCheck out the new engaging animated series from Fred Rogers Productions on PBS KIDS — Alma's Way. Alma's Way follows 6 year old Alma Rivera, a proud, confident Puerto Rican girl who lives with her family among a diverse group of close knit friends and community members. Alma's Way focuses on critical thinking, self-advocacy & social/emotional learning. Join Basin PBS for this preview and tune-in for the premiere October 4 at 7:30am weekdays!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/kpzw6Alyson Trevinoatrevino@basinpbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Basin PBS
- Add to Calendar09/22/2021 06:30:00 pm09/22/2021 07:30:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkCitizen Hearst Preview ScreeningAMERICAN EXPERIENCE is pleased to present a preview screening and discussion of the upcoming film, "Citizen Hearst". The event will feature an extended clip from the film, and a panel discussion with film participants.https://firstname.lastname@example.orgMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: WGBH
- Add to Calendar09/22/2021 06:00:00 pm09/22/2021 07:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoAlma's Way Premiere PreviewCheck out the new engaging animated series from Fred Rogers Productions on PBS KIDS — Alma's Way. Alma's Way follows 6 year old Alma Rivera, a proud, confident Puerto Rican girl who lives with her family among a diverse group of close knit friends and community members. Alma's Way focuses on critical thinking, self-advocacy & social/emotional learning. Join Basin PBS for this preview and tune-in for the premiere October 4 at 7:30am weekdays!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/mrkbeAlyson Trevinoatrevino@basinpbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Basin PBS
- Add to Calendar09/23/2021 04:00:00 pm09/23/2021 05:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoKLRN Kids PREVIEW: Alma's Way ¡Wepa! Join us for a special preview screening of the new PBS KIDS Program, Alma’s Way! This engaging new series follows 6-year-old Alma Rivera, a proud, confident Puerto Rican girl who lives in the Bronx with her family among a diverse group of friends and community members. We invite you to think “Alma’s way” by thinking things through! As she shares her observations and feelings and works through challenges, Alma offers you a window into her everyday life! After the screening stay tuned and make an emotions puppet with Ms. Grecia. You will need the following materials: - Any color Yarn - Small Paper Plates -Crayons -Glue -Construction paper (optional) -Popsicle sticks. Let us know what you think of PBS KIDS' newest show in the chat! Catch the premiere of Alma's Way on October 4th on KLRN! https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/a8r2fKLRN Education email@example.comMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: KLRN
- Add to Calendar09/23/2021 07:00:00 pm09/23/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/DenverMuhammad Ali - Sports Diplomacy Welcome to NMPBS screening of excerpts from the new Ken Burn documentary Muhammad Ali. Then join a discussion moderated by Gene Grant about Sports Diplomacy featuring UNM School of Law, UNM Peace and Global Justice Studies Program and guests. Muhammad Ali was one of the best-known men of the 20th century, a three-time heavyweight boxing champion who captivated millions of fans throughout the world with his mesmerizing combination of speed, grace, and power in the ring, and charm and playful boasting outside of it. At the height of his fame, he took American life — the racial prejudices, the religious biases, the role of celebrities, the role of sports in society — and refashioned it in his own image. Corporate funding for MUHAMMAD ALI was provided by Bank of America. Major funding was provided by David M. Rubenstein. Major funding was also provided by The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, and by The Better Angels Society and by its members Alan and Marcia Docter; Mr. and Mrs. Paul Tudor Jones; The Fullerton Family Charitable Fund; Gilchrist and Amy Berg; The Brooke Brown Barzun Foundation, Owsley Brown III Philanthropic Foundation and Augusta Brown Holland Foundation; Perry and Donna Golkin; John and Leslie McQuown; John and Catherine Debs; Fred and Donna Seigel; Susan and John Wieland; Stuart and Joanna Brown; Diane and Hal Brierley; Fiddlehead Fund; Rocco and Debby Landesman; McCloskey Family Charitable Trust; Mauree Jane and Mark Perry; and Donna and Richard Strong.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/cbpsdLaurel Wyckofflwyckoff@newmexicopbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: New Mexico PBS
- Add to Calendar09/24/2021 06:45:00 pm09/24/2021 07:45:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkWSKG 2021 Student Writing Challenge Join WSKG in celebrating student writers, grades K-12 in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and text with visuals.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/r7xbiJackie Stapleton-Durhamjstapleton@wskg.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYY
- Add to Calendar09/25/2021 11:00:00 am09/25/2021 12:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkPBS KIDS Alma's Way PremiereJoin WPSU for an early screening of the new PBS KIDS program Alma's Way! https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/vwf6yTamra Fatemi-Baditrf14@psu.edufalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Penn State Public Media
Next Week & Beyond
- Add to Calendar09/28/2021 07:00:00 pm09/28/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkYear of Global Africa | w/Q&A WKARFrom November 2017 until Fall 2019, the Michigan State University community celebrated The Year of Global Africa, exploring the connections and partnerships between Michigan State University and various educational institutions on the African continent. Relive the events and hear from staff and students at MSU whose studies were centered on the continent of Africa. The film will be followed by a Q&A session with the filmmakers and participants in the celebration. <hr> This special evening is offered as part of MSU Homecoming 2021: Spartans Journey Together. <hr> Presented by WKAR Public Media in partnership with the African Studies Center and the School of Journalism at Michigan State University. <hr> This online event is intended for viewing by an adult. The viewer registering will need to create a free OVEE account and will be asked to provide their birthdate to verify their age as 13 or older. <hr> If you have questions about this event or the OVEE platform, please <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=OVEE Help">send an email to email@example.com</a> <hr> https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/zujdiJen Preslarevents@wkar.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: WKAR
- Add to Calendar09/29/2021 12:00:00 pm09/29/2021 01:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoAging Matters: Fall PreventionJoin producer Shawn Anfinson for a virtual screening of NPT's Aging Matters: Fall Prevention to learn about prevention and preparation. Each year, millions of people over age 65 fall. In fact, falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries among older adults. Those numbers should give us pause, but they shouldn’t paralyze us with fear. Falling is not inevitable, and there are things we can do to prevent falls from happening in the first place.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/svcn0Rosemaryrbrunton@wnpt.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Nashville Public Television
- Add to Calendar09/30/2021 06:00:00 pm09/30/2021 07:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoSouthern Exposure Films 2021Join us for the Virtual World Premiere of the 2021 Southern Exposure films on Thursday, September 30 at 6 pm Created in six short weeks this summer, the 2021 Southern Exposure films celebrate special people and places in Alabama. We'll explore a once-in-a-generation chance to change the operation of a major dam, and discover a special place at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains. We'll hear stories untold-until-now about the remarkable families along the Selma to Montgomery March route, grapple with the wastewater infrastructure challenges, and meet amazing advocates working to protect their communities. Join us for an evening of documentary films, with live panel discussion and Q & A following. https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/5p78dMike McKenzienboggan@aptv.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Alabama Public Television
- Add to Calendar09/30/2021 07:00:00 pm09/30/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoMuhammad Ali Preview & DiscussionPreview the upcoming series and join the conversation around "Muhammad Ali." The film by Ken Burns, Sarah Burns, and David McMahon brings to life one of the best-known and most indelible figures of the 20th century. The three-time heavyweight boxing champion captivated millions of fans throughout the world with his mesmerizing combination of speed, grace, and power in the ring, and charm and playful boasting outside of it. This online preview screening features excerpts from the series with real time chat discussion throughout. We hope that you will share your thoughts on the film and Ali's impact on your life and American society. We also hope that you will share your "Red Bike Moment" in the discussion and via social media tagging @BasinPBS. The four-part, eight-hour film by Ken Burns, Sarah Burns and David McMahon airs Sun. Sept. 19 - Wed. Sept. 22 at 7 & 9pm on Basin PBS. This online event is intended for adult viewing or in the company of an adult in the household. The student or family member registering will need to create a free OVEE account and will be asked to provide their birthdate to verify their age as 18 or older. If you have questions about this event or the OVEE platform, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/2uu6zAlyson Trevinoatrevino@basinpbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Basin PBS
- Add to Calendar10/02/2021 01:00:00 pm10/02/2021 02:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoNPT ‘Alma’s Way’ PreviewNPT ‘Alma’s Way’ Preview & Bilingual Storytime with Señora Rachel Ahola amigos! Join NPT and Señora Rachel to get a sneak peek of Alma's Way, a new PBS Kids show from Fred Rogers Productions, followed by Spanish/ English song and story time with Señora Rachel Rodriguez. Participating families will have the opportunity to receive one free children's book in the mail. Space and supplies are limited. RSVP at wnpt.org/events. Alma’s Way premieres Monday, Oct. 4, at 8 a.m. on NPT.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/miwbqRosemary email@example.comMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Nashville Public Television
- Add to Calendar10/05/2021 05:30:00 pm10/05/2021 06:30:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkRoots of Latin Jazz & PanelGrammy nominee Shelia E. hosts Great Performances: Roots of Latin Jazz which examines the variety of Latin American Music with the “Raíces Jazz Orchestra” featuring two-time Latin GRAMMY-winning producer Tony Succar and musician, producer, and educator Dr. Pablo Gil. Join WHYY for a discussion after the film with a panel of local artists, producers, and journalist on the history of Latin American music, how it has influenced their work, and of course, their love of the music! Host: Rahsaan Lucas, AFROTAINO Panelists: Pablo Batista, Master Percussionist Jesse Bermudez, Founder of AMLA & Producer Jennifer Mota, Multimedia Creative & Journalisthttps://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/zhf4hJoy Sotojsoto@whyy.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: WHYY
- Add to Calendar10/05/2021 07:00:00 pm10/05/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkWays to Pay for CollegeOn Tuesday, October 5, enrollment and financial experts will field live questions as we watch "Ways to Pay for College." During this virtual screening, we'll watch the 2021 broadcast and be joined by a panel of experts to answer more of your questions. "Ways to Pay for College" guides us through the many twists and turns of finding money for college. Meet financial pros and watch several student success stories as you consider careers and which school is right for you. What fits your budget? Do the financial aid numbers add up? And can you avoid going into debt with student loans? There are billions of dollars available that you can apply for if you know what to do and where to look. Find out how to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - the FAFSA - and hear from financial aid counselors as they explain government and private aid, from grants to scholarships and loans.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/zqsz9MPT Events Teamevents@mpt.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Maryland Public Television
- Add to Calendar10/07/2021 12:00:00 pm10/07/2021 01:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkCommunities and Consequences IINew Hampshire PBS and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health present a series of online interactive screenings and discussions of the new documentary COMMUNITIES & CONSEQUENCES II - Rebalancing NH's Human Ecology. The documentary and companion book are a collaborative project of Demographer Peter Francese, Former Agricultural Commissioner and writer Lorraine Merrill and Filmmaker Jay Childs. NHPBS is the presenting station.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/qnegdNew Hampshire PBScblake@nhpbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: NHPTV
- Add to Calendar10/20/2021 07:00:00 pm10/20/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/DenverNMPBS IndieLens PopUp- Storm LakeWelcome to tonight's screening and discussion co-hosted by NMPBS and The Society of Professional Journalists. Following the film, join a panel discussion moderated by journalists Megan Kamerick and Jerry Redfern. https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/wa1m5Laurel Wyckofflwyckoff@newmexicopbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: New Mexico PBS
- Add to Calendar10/21/2021 06:00:00 pm10/21/2021 07:00:00 pmAmerica/Los_AngelesKIXE PBS presents Storm LakeKIXE PBS and the Shasta College Foundation present Indie Lens PopUp's Storm Lake: Inside the Pulitzer-winning newspaper keeping local journalism alive.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/7dw75Julie Driverjdriver@kixe.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYY
- Add to Calendar10/26/2021 07:00:00 pm10/26/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkHindsight: Now Let Us SingWelcome! Thank you for joining us this evening for a special screening of Hindsight: Now Let Us Sing. Hindsight—defining this moment in the American South! Present by PBS North Carolina's documentary series, Reel South, in collaboration with Firelight Media and the Center for Asian American Media (CAAM), Hindsight explores the cultural shifts, community ingenuity, and pivotal conversations defining this moment in the American South. Meet the Filmmakers The six filmmakers selected for Hindsight worked closely with Reel South, Firelight Media and CAAM through all stages of production and received financing to produce their documentary short films. Our filmmakers also received production and distribution mentorship from veteran independent filmmakers and editorial guidance from public media station mentors focused on local expertise and audiences. Station partners include PBS North Carolina, Arkansas PBS, Alabama Public Television, South Florida PBS and Louisiana Public Broadcasting. About: Dilsey Davis Dilsey Davis’ life mission is to use the arts, and particularly film, to advance society by building social bridges and fostering a greater understanding of the equality of all people. Dilsey is the founder of Café con Leche Media and the co-founder of One Human Family Workshops, Inc., a non-profit organization that promotes racial and religious unity. She most recently produced and directed four documentary shorts for ITVS/Independent Lens on rural jails in North Carolina and Tennessee. One of them, Daughters of Addiction, was broadcast on PBS in November 2020. All four shorts can be viewed on the PBS/Independent Lens Youtube channel. She is currently working on a feature about the 1969 protest of Black students at Duke University. The screening of Now Let Us Sing will be followed by a discussion with Dilsey Davis. Thank you for your support and joining us for this important event! https://firstname.lastname@example.orgMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: PBS North Carolina
- Add to Calendar10/26/2021 07:00:00 pm10/26/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoVIP Watch Party: Storm LakeJoin Iowa PBS virtually on Tuesday, October 26 at 7 p.m. for a VIP Watch Party featuring Storm Lake, a film from Independent Lens. This documentary features the Pulitzer prize-winning journalist Art Cullen and his family as they fight to unite and inform their rural Iowan farming community through their biweekly newspaper, The Storm Lake Times, even as the paper hangs on by a thread. Twice a week, they work to give citizens the scoop on forces threatening to overwhelm their precarious small-town existence. Following the program, Art Cullen and filmmakers Jerry Risus and Beth Levison will join the conversation via video to discuss the film and the importance of credible journalism. Through the online shared media viewing platform, audience members can discuss the film and ask questions during the live discussion. https://email@example.comMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Iowa PBS
- Add to Calendar11/10/2021 12:00:00 pm11/10/2021 01:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoStorm LakeWelcome to Indie Lens Pop-Up virtual screening of STORM LAKE hosted by John Michael Kohler Arts Center and Milwaukee PBS. After the film we welcome you to stay for a discussion with our panelists. STORM LAKE is about a dogged family-run paper in Iowa that gives citizens the scoop on forces threatening to overwhelm their precarious small-town existence. We are pleased to offer closed captions for this film and ASL interpretation for the post-screening discussion. Enjoy the show!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/gkdkvJohn Michael Kohler Arts Centerkbecker@jmkac.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: John Michael Kohler Arts Center
- Add to Calendar11/17/2021 06:00:00 pm11/17/2021 07:00:00 pmAmerica/Los_AngelesAmerican VeteranNow that you've seen the series, let's talk about what you think. Join us to share your experiences.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/9dgkvJulie Driverjdriver@kixe.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: KIXE-TV
- Add to Calendar11/30/2021 05:30:00 pm11/30/2021 06:30:00 pmAmerica/Los_AngelesLet's Talk Pre DiabetesHosted by Turn it Around Shasta, a project of Shasta County Health and Human Service Agency, Shasta Family YMCA, Shasta Community Health Center, Dignity Health, and KIXE PBS.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/hk3tmJulie Driverjdriver@kixe.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYY
- Add to Calendar01/19/2022 12:00:00 pm01/19/2022 01:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoMissing in Brooks CountyWelcome to Indie Lens Pop-Up virtual screening of MISSING IN BROOKS COUNTY hosted by John Michael Kohler Arts Center and Milwaukee PBS. After the film we welcome you to stay for a discussion with our panelists. Migrants go missing in rural Brooks County, Texas more than anywhere else in the U.S. For many families, community activist Eddie Canales is the last hope for finding loved ones. We are pleased to offer closed captions for this film and ASL interpretation for the post-screening discussion. Enjoy the show!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/lqe0rJohn Michael Kohler Arts Centerkbecker@jmkac.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: John Michael Kohler Arts Center
- Add to Calendar02/16/2022 12:00:00 pm02/16/2022 01:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoApartWelcome to Indie Lens Pop-Up virtual screening of APART hosted by John Michael Kohler Arts Center and Milwaukee PBS. After the film we welcome you to stay for a discussion with our panelists. U.S. prisons and jails lead the world in incarcerating women—what happens when they return to their families? We are pleased to offer closed captions for this film and ASL interpretation for the post-screening discussion. Enjoy the show!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/ojgn8John Michael Kohler Arts Centerkbecker@jmkac.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: John Michael Kohler Arts Center
- Add to Calendar03/16/2022 12:00:00 pm03/16/2022 01:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoWriting with FireWelcome to Indie Lens Pop-Up virtual screening of WRITING WITH FIRE hosted by John Michael Kohler Arts Center and Milwaukee PBS. After the film we welcome you to stay for a discussion with our panelists. In the midst of a patriarchal news landscape, the reporters with Khabar Lahariya—India’s only all-female news network—are taking it upon themselves to redefine power. We are pleased to offer closed captions for this film and ASL interpretation for the post-screening discussion. Enjoy the show!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/3f57oJohn Michael Kohler Arts Centerkbecker@jmkac.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: John Michael Kohler Arts Center
- Add to Calendar04/13/2022 12:00:00 pm04/13/2022 01:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoTry Harder!Welcome to Indie Lens Pop-Up virtual screening of TRY HARDER! hosted by John Michael Kohler Arts Center and Milwaukee PBS. After the film we welcome you to stay for a discussion with our panelists. At a prestigious public high school, fiercely competitive seniors share the dream, and the stress, of getting into a top university. We are pleased to offer closed captions for this film and ASL interpretation for the post-screening discussion. Enjoy the show!https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/oyatlJohn Michael Kohler Arts Centerkbecker@jmkac.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: John Michael Kohler Arts Center
We'll send a reminder email one hour before the online screening event starts.
Be sure to create an OVEE account before the screening day.
Be sure to create an OVEE account before the screening day.
Add to CalendarfalseMM/DD/YYYY
We can't take RSVPs right now.
Please try again later.
Please try again later.