- Add to Calendar06/18/2021 07:00:00 pm06/18/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkMPT's Friday Freeview - JuneWelcome to our online edition of Friday Freeview. On the third Friday of each month, Maryland Public Television hosts a free screening of a program before it airs. About the Film: An exclusive sneak peek screening of the new PBS series MYSTERIES OF MENTAL ILLNESS. MYSTERIES OF MENTAL ILLNESS, a four-hour PBS series, will explore dramatic attempts across generations to unravel the mysteries of mental illness, and give voice to contemporary Americans across a spectrum of experiences.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/g12tkJessie Campbellevents@mpt.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Maryland Public Television
- Add to Calendar06/21/2021 07:00:00 pm06/21/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkMysteries of Mental Illness WITFJoin WITF for a free documentary screening and panel discussion around Mysteries of Mental Illness Monday, June 21 at 7pm. Explore the story of mental illness in science and society, tracing the evolution of this complex topic from its earliest days to present times. The four-part series examines the dramatic attempts across generations to unravel the mysteries of mental illness and give voice to contemporary Americans across a spectrum of experiences. Watch selected clips before it premieres on WITF TV and afterwards join a panel discussion exploring the topic with local experts. The event is supported by Capital BlueCross. About Mysteries of Mental Illness The landmark series Mysteries of Mental Illness places the stories of those living with mental illness today in a broader historic, scientific, and social context. The series traces how our understanding of mental illness has evolved from an ancient conception of spiritual affliction to the latest 21st century neurobiological breakthroughs. At a time when mental health has been thrust to the fore by Covid-19, Mysteries of Mental Illness provides an invaluable framework to create deeper national understanding and dialogue. Can't make the screening? Watch Mysteries of Mental Illness when it premieres June 22 & June 23 at 9pm on WITF TV.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/qn7vuHeather Woolridgeovee@witf.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: WITF
- Add to Calendar06/22/2021 10:00:00 am06/22/2021 11:00:00 amAmerica/New_YorkElephant Toothpaste w/Curious Crew!Welcome from the Michigan Learning Channel and WKAR's Curious Crew! https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/r5cg8Tara Hardythardy@dptv.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Detroit Public Television
- Add to Calendar06/22/2021 07:00:00 pm06/22/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoVIP Watch Party: NOVA: Eagle PowerEagles dominate the skies, but what makes these predators so special? Join Iowa PBS virtually on Tuesday, June 22 at 7 p.m. for a VIP Watch Party featuring NOVA: Eagle Power. Researchers study this special bird—and stunning up-close footage reveals her exceptional strength, eyesight and flying skills. With intimate access to a new bald eagle family, NOVA takes you into the nest to witness the drama of chicks struggling to survive. After the program, members of the Raptor Resource Project will join the conversation live to discuss the Decorah eagles, which are featured in this national program. Feel free to ask any questions in the chat as you enjoy this captivating film.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/bxc6lIowa PBScaryline.firstname.lastname@example.orgMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Iowa PBS
- Add to Calendar06/24/2021 06:00:00 pm06/24/2021 07:00:00 pmAmerica/Los_AngelesKIXE PBS - "Where are You From?" Whether our families have been here for generations or we've just arrived in the North State, We are all from somewhere. .KIXE PBS ask the question , Where are you from? Welcome to a discussion about what it means to be us. What makes each and everyone of us uniquely North State. For seven seasons Dr. Henry Louis Gates, Jr. has explored the ancestry of dozens of influential people from diverse backgrounds, taking millions of viewers deep into the past to reveal the connections that bind us all. Watch Finding your Roots on KIXE PBS every Tuesday at 8 PM. https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/otv3tRob Keenanrkeenan@kixe.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: KIXE-TV
- Add to Calendar06/24/2021 06:30:00 pm06/24/2021 07:30:00 pmAmerica/Los_AngelesPower Of Us/Screening & ConversationMany youth wonder whether or not they will inherit a world with clean air to breathe, clean water to drink, food that is safe to eat and wilderness left to explore. At a time when all these things are threatened by pollution and climate change, how do we support a healthy planet in the years to come? This movie and community conversation will delve into these questions. FILM DESCRIPTION: 82-year-old retired Chicagoland engineer Jim Goodman and his wife Annie are alarmed about the ever more severe climate change crisis, and know their generation has failed to adequately address it. With the environmental clock ticking, the Goodmans enlist the aid of some equally concerned young people to unleash their creativity and usher in a new generation of climate change problem-solvers. Hear from young people who have been directly impacted by the effects of climate change, like Sean Newsom who survived the 2018 wildfires in Paradise, California, and those that are working to make a difference like Shreya Ramachandran, the high school senior who invented an innovative solution for reusing greywater to address water scarcity. With commentary from experts like Susan Casey-Lefkowitz of the National Resources Defense Council and astronaut and physicist John Grunsfeld, The Power of Us underscores the urgency of the climate crisis and shows the power of an intergenerational, collaborative movement to fight climate change, with youth leading the charge into the future. This youth-organized event has been sponsored by South Seattle Climate Action and Mt Baker Meaningful Movies.https://email@example.comMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: Meaningful Movies Project
Next Week & Beyond
- Add to Calendar06/29/2021 07:00:00 pm06/29/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoMPB's Mysteries of Mental IllnessMPB's Mysteries of Mental Illness Virtual Screening/Discussion Join Mississippi Public Broadcasting for a virtual screening of the documentary Mysteries of Mental Illness followed by a discussion with state mental health experts on the film and what is being done to address Mississippians’ mental health needs.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/d2xy2MPB & MPB FoundationOVEE@mpbfoundation.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYY
- Add to Calendar07/07/2021 07:00:00 pm07/07/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkFuture Jobs: ReskillingThe coronavirus pandemic is among many reasons that many people are looking to "reskill" or "upskill" as they prepare for different careers. As part of our Future Jobs initiative, we’re highlighting some of the terrific options that are available in our region. In this free event, you’ll hear about ways that you can prepare for careers in high-demand fields such as healthcare, computer coding, and the trades. The future is bright for people with the skills to match these opportunities! Join us and take part in the discussion.https://firstname.lastname@example.orgMM/DD/YYYY
- Add to Calendar07/07/2021 06:00:00 pm07/07/2021 07:00:00 pmAmerica/Los_AngelesPeople Vs. Agent OrangeThe Agent Orange catastrophe did not end with the Vietnam War. Today, a primary chemical of the toxic defoliant causes deformed births and deadly cancers. Two heroic women fight to hold the manufacturers accountable. Join us for a screening and community conversation about “The People vs. Agent Orange.” We will be discussing the ongoing fight to try and hold the chemical industry accountable for the destruction caused by dioxins in Vietnam and in the U.S. The film is powerful, challenging, and thought-provoking. After a screening of the film on OVEE, we will move to Zoom for our community discussion with speakers from Peace Trees, Vietnam; and Veterans for Peace. Please join us! Film Description: The dioxins present in Agent Orange, the defoliant used in the Vietnam War, continue to leave a legacy of death, deformity, and disability for generations. This investigative documentary includes painstaking historical research and interviews with whistleblowers, researchers, and the people who have lived through contact with the poison in both Vietnam and the United States. “The People vs. Agent Orange” follows Vietnamese activist Tran To Nga, who, in a French court, is suing the American chemical industry for poisoning her and her family in Vietnam. And in Oregon, Carol Van Strum battles to stop the ongoing spraying of toxins by the timber industry. Both women, joined in their mutual pain, resist intimidation and threats, bringing to light the ongoing, intergenerational catastrophe of chemical warfare and toxic herbicides. Schedule: 6:00 pm – Screening of “The People vs. Agent Orange” on Ovee 7:30 pm – Panel Discussion on Zoom Sponsors: Peace Trees, Vietnam; Veterans for Peace https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/4fipmMeaningful Movies Projectannemiller@meaningfulmovies.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYY
- Add to Calendar07/15/2021 12:00:00 pm07/15/2021 01:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkCommunities and Consequences IINew Hampshire PBS and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health present a series of online interactive screenings and discussions of the new documentary COMMUNITIES & CONSEQUENCES II - Rebalancing NH's Human Ecology. The documentary and companion book are a collaborative project of Demographer Peter Francese, Former Agricultural Commissioner and writer Lorraine Merrill and Filmmaker Jay Childs. NHPBS is the presenting station.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/trqrcNew Hampshire PBScblake@nhpbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: NHPTV
- Add to Calendar07/15/2021 07:00:00 pm07/15/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/ChicagoThe Story of Us - KMOS SpecialTHE STORY OF US: A KMOS AMERICAN PORTRAIT SPECIAL. This half-hour documentary special showcases inspiring stories of individuals living with disabilities from across central Missouri as part of the national crowdsourced storytelling project PBS AMERICAN PORTRAIT, the signature content initiative of PBS’s 50th anniversary. This special seeks to show that individuals living with disabilities are people first, and have the exact same hopes and dreams as others in our community and are making important contributions that help make up the rich tapestry of American life today! To help make this local initiative possible KMOS-TV partnered with West-Central Independent Living Solutions (WILS) and Services for Independent Living (SIL) to help gather user generated content for this special, by highlighting individuals with disabilities in central Missouri. Participants responded to discussion prompts such as “I was raised to believe…”, “I took a risk when…”, “My Saturday night looks like…”, “The tradition I carry on is…”, and more.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/w38eoScott Alvestedalvested@ucmo.edufalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: KMOS
- Add to Calendar09/13/2021 07:00:00 pm09/13/2021 08:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkPreview of Ken Burns' Muhammad AliWelcome! Join us for a very special preview screening of the new Ken Burns, four-night, eight-hour series, Muhammad Ali. Following the screening, stay tuned for a very special conversation featuring local coaches, athletic directors, sportscaster and collegiate athletes from some of North Carolina's twelve HBCU.https://email@example.comMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: PBS North Carolina
- Add to Calendar10/07/2021 12:00:00 pm10/07/2021 01:00:00 pmAmerica/New_YorkCommunities and Consequences IINew Hampshire PBS and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health present a series of online interactive screenings and discussions of the new documentary COMMUNITIES & CONSEQUENCES II - Rebalancing NH's Human Ecology. The documentary and companion book are a collaborative project of Demographer Peter Francese, Former Agricultural Commissioner and writer Lorraine Merrill and Filmmaker Jay Childs. NHPBS is the presenting station.https://ovee.itvs.org/screenings/qnegdNew Hampshire PBScblake@nhpbs.orgfalseMM/DD/YYYYPresented by: NHPTV
We'll send a reminder email one hour before the online screening event starts.
Be sure to create an OVEE account before the screening day.
Be sure to create an OVEE account before the screening day.
Add to CalendarfalseMM/DD/YYYY
We can't take RSVPs right now.
Please try again later.
Please try again later.