Accessibility Statement for OVEE
This is an accessibility statement from Independent Television Service, Inc. (ITVS), the creator and operator of OVEE.
Measures to support accessibility
ITVS takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of OVEE:
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods
- Provide contact information for feedback
- Provide transparency as it relates to OVEE accessibility limitations and alternatives
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. OVEE is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA, meaning that parts of the content do not fully conform to the standard.
ITVS welcomes feedback on the accessibility of OVEE. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers.. We will respond to feedback within 48 business hours.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address: 1435 Folsom Street, San Francisco CA 94103
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
OVEE is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Mac OS: 10.10+, using Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Windows OS: 7+ using Edge, Chrome, or Firefox
- iPad/iPhone iOS: 10.3.3 + using Safari, Chrome or Firefox
- Android OS: 6+, using Chrome with assistive technology NVDA and JAWS
Accessibility on OVEE relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of OVEE, the following limitations exist. Please contact us if you observe an unlisted issue.
- Screenshots of videos: Images may not have descriptive text alternatives as we continue the process of updating all image alt text. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
- Font and UI component colors: Some content and UI components may not be visible for low vision users as we continue the process of updating the color scheme throughout the website. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
- Content structure: Some pages may have incorrect heading levels, list structure, and titles that are not descriptive as we continue the process of updating page structure. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
- Links: Some links may not be distinguishable as we continue the process of updating all links. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
- Forms: Some forms may not be navigable when using a screen reader as we continue the process of updating all forms. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
- Visible focus: Keyboard users may have difficulty viewing the tab focus as we continue the process of adding a visible focus to all interactive items. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
- Videos: Videos may have limited closed captioning and navigation capabilities as we continue the process of addressing video accessibility issues. Please contact us if you need immediate assistance.
ITVS assessed the accessibility of OVEE by the following approach:
- External third-party evaluation
- Evaluation report: VPAT
This statement was created on 15 December 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool; ITVS edited the statement for clarity on 3 January 2022.